This homemade cookie ingredient adds another wonderful flavor to any cookie recipe. The richness will be your secret ingredient.—Almond Board of California, , x, California
52 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups (8 ounces) whole blanched almonds
- 1-1/2 cups (5 ounces) sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor, grind half the almonds until very fine. Remove
- and repeat with remaining almonds. Total ground nuts will yield
- 1-3/4 cups. Put all nuts and remaining ingredients in the food
- processor. Cover and process until a paste forms. Gather together
- and store, tightly sealed, in a plastic bag. Yield: 1-1/3 cups (13
For recipe using above paste see Country Woman n/d 1993 pg. 29 (Rainbow Cookies - Recipe ID# 2521).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 ounce) equals 39 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.