Almond Orange Chicken Recipe
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Place 1/2 cup flour, eggs and almonds in separate shallow bowls. Roll chicken in flour, then dip in eggs and roll in almonds. In a large skillet cook chicken over medium-high heat in 2 tablespoons butter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining butter until tender. In a small bowl, combine the milk, poultry seasoning and remaining flour. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in the orange marmalade, orange juice and peel, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 318 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 541 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Almond Orange Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.