Almond Orange Chicken Recipe
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place 1/2 cup flour, eggs and almonds in separate shallow bowls. Roll chicken in flour, then dip in eggs and roll in almonds. In a large skillet cook chicken over medium-high heat in 2 tablespoons butter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining butter until tender. In a small bowl, combine the milk, poultry seasoning and remaining flour. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the orange marmalade, orange juice and peel, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Almond Orange Chicken(2)
Sort By :
My husband, who is usually not a fan of things not spicy, really raved about this dish and asked that it be put on our "gourmet" list.
The outside burned while the inside was still raw, so I had to finish cooking it in the microwave. It WAS moist, though.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >