Almond Oatmeal Cutouts Recipe
Almond gives these cutout oatmeal cookies added flavor. The dough is slightly sticky, so roll out the dough between pieces of waxed flavor.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine flour and oats; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Roll out between waxed paper to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters.
- 3. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 232 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC