- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine flour and oats; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll out between waxed paper to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Almond Oatmeal Cutouts in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p47
Reviews for Almond Oatmeal Cutouts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2014
great cookie. I love the almond flavour. My calorie counter reports 194 calories for each cookie. Quite a difference.
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2012
A crispy cookie with a very good almond taste. Even my neighbor enjoyed them a lot!