- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Rinse and drain rice; place in a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Add the remaining ingredients; mix well. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Almond-Mushroom Wild Rice
Sort By :
I love this recipe. I usually add chopped celery for another layer of flavor. It is a great side dish with turkey on the grill.
This is so good and so easy. Loved it.
I have made this recipe for years and made it for guests, always with rave reviews! I like that I can put it in the oven and work on the rest of the meal. Easy, simple and quick to prepare. I'm glad that I found this again, since I can't find the original magazine that it was in! Thanks Taste of Home!!
Very simple, yet very elegant. It was easy prepare and have it baking in the oven. I also baked my entree, adding it when the time was right in order to have both items finish at the same time. A very good recipeand going into the permament collection.
One thing I will try sometime, replacing the almonds with pine nuts. Just because.