- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Rinse and drain rice; place in a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Add the remaining ingredients; mix well. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Almond-Mushroom Wild Rice
Sort By :
"I love this recipe. I usually add chopped celery for another layer of flavor. It is a great side dish with turkey on the grill."
"This is so good and so easy. Loved it."
"I have made this recipe for years and made it for guests, always with rave reviews! I like that I can put it in the oven and work on the rest of the meal. Easy, simple and quick to prepare. I'm glad that I found this again, since I can't find the original magazine that it was in! Thanks Taste of Home!!"
"Very simple, yet very elegant. It was easy prepare and have it baking in the oven. I also baked my entree, adding it when the time was right in order to have both items finish at the same time. A very good recipeand going into the permament collection.One thing I will try sometime, replacing the almonds with pine nuts. Just because."