Almond Meringue Cookies Recipe
It's a good thing these melt-in-your-mouth cookies are only 15 calories each-they're addicting! Lois Sharp, Cudahy, Wisconsin
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and extract on medium speed until soft peaks form. Combine confectioner's sugar and sugar. Gradually add to egg white mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Gently fold in ground almonds.
- 2. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a #8 star tip. Fill bag with egg white mixture. Pipe 1-1/4-in.-diameter cookies onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets; sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- 3. Bake at 275° for 30-35 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool completely on pans on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 15 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Almond Meringue Cookies
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2012
"Why is this in the low carb section???"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC