Almond Meringue Cookies Recipe
It's a good thing these melt-in-your-mouth cookies are only 15 calories each-they're addicting! Lois Sharp, Cudahy, Wisconsin
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and extract on medium speed until soft peaks form. Combine confectioner's sugar and sugar. Gradually add to egg white mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Gently fold in ground almonds.
- 2. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a #8 star tip. Fill bag with egg white mixture. Pipe 1-1/4-in.-diameter cookies onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets; sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- 3. Bake at 275° for 30-35 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool completely on pans on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 15 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.
Reviews for Almond Meringue Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC