- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and extract on medium speed until soft peaks form. Combine confectioner's sugar and sugar. Gradually add to egg white mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Gently fold in ground almonds.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a #8 star tip. Fill bag with egg white mixture. Pipe 1-1/4-in.-diameter cookies onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets; sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Bake at 275° for 30-35 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool completely on pans on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Almond Meringue Cookies in Taste of Home
Reviews for Almond Meringue Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2012
"Why is this in the low carb section???"