Almond Mandarin Salad Recipe
After my daughters-in-law and I enjoyed a similar salad at a restaurant, I decided to come up with my own version. It has quickly become a family favorite.
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1. In a small skillet, heat the almonds and sugar over low heat. Cook and stir until almonds are coated with sugar glaze; remove and cool.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. In a bowl, combine lettuce, oranges, celery and onions. Add dressing and almonds; toss to coat. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 94 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC