- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- In a small skillet, heat the almonds and sugar over low heat. Cook and stir until almonds are coated with sugar glaze; remove and cool.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. In a bowl, combine lettuce, oranges, celery and onions. Add dressing and almonds; toss to coat. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Almond Mandarin Salad
Sort By :
"There is nothing special about this salad. The salad ingredients are standard to many other recipes but the dressing was weak and pretty much tasteless. Several people at the table took a bite and said, "Did you leave something out of the dressing?" We all agreed we didn't want to eat it again."
"This salad is really simple, but the dressing makes it delicious!"