Almond Macaroons Recipe
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients until blended. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 2. Bake 16-20 minutes or until light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Drizzle cookies with melted chocolate; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Almond Macaroons
"Sorry ladies. When I submitted the recipe, I specifically stated that the parchment needs to be sprayed with cooking spray prior to baking, but for some reason someone at Taste of Home failed to include that part. Deena"
"The parchment paper was impossible to work with in this recipe. The cookies stuck so badly to it, that I had to just pull the top part of the cookie off to use it, leaving the entire bottom half on the sheet. I have not yet tried the end results, but I would not make them this way again. I don't know how simply greasing the cookie sheet would effect the cookie, but it might be worth a try."
"I made these for a meeting and 2 women immediately wanted the recipe. They can be somewhat sticky to work with. I rolled mine instead of "molding" them on the tray! They were great! Thanx ~"