- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients until blended. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 16-20 minutes or until light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle cookies with melted chocolate; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Almond Macaroons
"The parchment paper was impossible to work with in this recipe. The cookies stuck so badly to it, that I had to just pull the top part of the cookie off to use it, leaving the entire bottom half on the sheet. I have not yet tried the end results, but I would not make them this way again. I don't know how simply greasing the cookie sheet would effect the cookie, but it might be worth a try."
"I made these for a meeting and 2 women immediately wanted the recipe. They can be somewhat sticky to work with. I rolled mine instead of "molding" them on the tray! They were great! Thanx ~"