My husband loves his aunt's special almond cake, but she’s very secretive about her recipe. So I used that idea to create something new—a nutty, golden-brown tart.—Elisa Thoreson, Englishtown, New Jersey
Recommended: 30 Recipes for Valentine's Day Cookies
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 package (7 ounces) almond paste, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place almonds and coconut in a food processor; process until finely ground. Add flour and sugar; pulse to combine. Add butter; pulse until crumbly. Reserve 1-1/2 cups crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto bottom and up sides of a greased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
- For filling, place confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup coconut, almond paste and extract in food processor; pulse until fine crumbs form. Add egg whites; process until blended. Spread into crust; sprinkle with reserved topping.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining coconut; bake 5-8 minutes longer or until coconut is lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Almond Macaroon Tart in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Almond Macaroon Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review