- powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with lemon juice.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For topping, in a heavy saucepan, combine the berries, sugar and
- lemon juice. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or
- until mixture begins to thicken. Sprinkle cake with confectioners'
- sugar. Serve with berry topping. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 654 calories, 37 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 334 mg sodium, 76 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.