Almond-Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 teaspoon plus 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup each frozen unsweetened raspberries, strawberries and blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9-in. round baking pan with 1 teaspoon butter. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar; set aside. Place the almonds and sugar in a blender or food processor; cover and process until finely ground.
- 2. In a small bowl, cream remaining butter; beat in almond mixture until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in sour cream and lemon peel. Combine the flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with lemon juice.
- 3. Pour into prepared pan.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 5. For topping, in a heavy saucepan, combine the berries, sugar and lemon juice. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Sprinkle cake with confectioners' sugar. Serve with berry topping. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 654 calories, 37g fat (17g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 334mg sodium, 76g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Almond-Lemon Pound Cake
"Originally made this 2 years ago for Easter and it was amazing! I loved the texture and the flavors are wonderful. My whole family loved it as well and the topping added some moisture to the whole thing but it was also just fine plain. I am making it again this year for Easter because everyone has been asking me to."
"Forgot to mention, I didn't try the berry sauce. Was great with just powdered sugar on top like the picture shows."
"Great flavor, moist cake. Only problem I had was at 35 min. the sides were burned. Will make again but use my trusty Bakers Joy spray instead of butter (I think this was my issue). Definitely worth trying again."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.