Almond-Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 teaspoon plus 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup each frozen unsweetened raspberries, strawberries and blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9-in. round baking pan with 1 teaspoon butter. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar; set aside. Place the almonds and sugar in a blender or food processor; cover and process until finely ground.
- 2. In a small bowl, cream remaining butter; beat in almond mixture until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in sour cream and lemon peel. Combine the flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with lemon juice.
- 3. Pour into prepared pan.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 5. For topping, in a heavy saucepan, combine the berries, sugar and lemon juice. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Sprinkle cake with confectioners' sugar. Serve with berry topping. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 654 calories, 37 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 334 mg sodium, 76 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Almond-Lemon Pound Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.