Almond Jelly Cookies Recipe
My mother-in-law used to send these wonderful cookies in her special "care" packages to our family. We could hardly wait to open the box and dig in!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling YIELD:30 servings
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups ground almonds
- 1 cup jelly or jam of your choice
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-in. round cookie cutter. Repeat with remaining dough, using a 2-in. doughnut cutter so the center is out of each cookie.
- 3. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. Spread 1/2 teaspoon jelly over the bottom of the solid cookies; place cookies with cutout center over jelly. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 198 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC