- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups ground almonds
- 1 cup jelly or jam of your choice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-in. round cookie cutter. Repeat with remaining dough, using a 2-in. doughnut cutter so the center is out of each cookie.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon jelly over the bottom of the solid cookies; place cookies with cutout center over jelly. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Almond Jelly Cookies(2)
Sort By :
Excellent! Make again. Roll to about 1/4" thickness and be careful not to over cook. They are better before they begin to darken. Do not overchill. The suggestion for limited chill time should be heeded.
this recipe is wonderful. i used Raspberry jam between the cookies. They are better the next day.