"With a roll of this cookie dough on hand, I can serve freshly-baked cookies in a snap," says field editor Elizabeth Montgomery of Allston, MA
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) whole unblanched almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cinnamon and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in chopped almonds. Shape into two 15-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; top each with a whole almond. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 10 dozen.
Originally published as Almond Icebox Cookies in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p64
Reviews for Almond Icebox Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review