Almond Ice Cream Cups
For dessert, these dessert cups can't be beat. The recipe is a fun and delicious way to dress up plain vanilla ice cream.Maribeth Edwards, Follansbee, West Virginia
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1/4 cup crushed shortbread cookies
- 1 tablespoon Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, chocolate chips and extract;
- fold in whipped topping. Spoon into paper-lined muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with cookie crumbs and almonds. Serve immediately or
- freeze. Yield: 12 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.