Almond-Honey Wheat Bread Recipe
"I have two bread machines, and i keep both of them going when the grandkids come to visit," explains Ray Rowe from Cadiz, Kentucky. "Featuring plenty of crunchy almonds, this bread is the best of any we've tried. We think it's particularly good toasted."
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pound).
1 slice: 158 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Almond-Honey Wheat Bread
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC