Almond-Honey Wheat Bread Recipe
"I have two bread machines, and i keep both of them going when the grandkids come to visit," explains Ray Rowe from Cadiz, Kentucky. "Featuring plenty of crunchy almonds, this bread is the best of any we've tried. We think it's particularly good toasted."
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pound).
Originally published as Almond-Honey Wheat Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p33
Reviews for Almond-Honey Wheat Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2009
This bread is the best wheat bread I have ever made,it is moist and has a great great FLAVOR