Almond Green Beans
THIS simple, quick way of preparing beans makes it an easy recipe to turn to at the last minute. Cooking the beans in the basic ingredients results in a flavorful, impressive side dish.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large skillet, melt butter; add the bouillon, celery seed and
- pepper. Stir in the beans. Cover and cook over medium heat for 9-11
- minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in soy
- sauce and almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 150 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 298 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.