THIS simple, quick way of preparing beans makes it an easy recipe to turn to at the last minute. Cooking the beans in the basic ingredients results in a flavorful, impressive side dish.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large skillet, melt butter; add the bouillon, celery seed and pepper. Stir in the beans. Cover and cook over medium heat for 9-11 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in soy sauce and almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Almond Green Beans in Reminisce April/May 2008, p 48
Reviews for Almond Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2010
"My sister made these to bring to a family dinner and they were wonderful. The flavor combination is unique and really enhances the fresh green beans."