This fudge recipe is from my grandfather-in-law, Max. He makes it for holiday gatherings where it's a favorite.Kathryn Maxson, Mountlake Terrace, Washington
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and greased the foil with butter;
- set aside. In a heavy saucepan, dissolve coffee in milk over medium
- heat. Reduce heat to low. Stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- Remove from the heat; stir in extracts. Spread into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in.
- squares. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 234 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.