Almond-Fudge Custard Pie
Rich chocolate and a hint of almond team up in this creamy pie from field editor Marie Hattrup, Sparks, Nevada
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- Toasted sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa and salt. In another bowl,
- whisk the eggs, cream and extract just until combined. Stir into dry
- ingredients until blended. Carefully pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Garnish with whipped cream and almonds. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 293 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white