Almond-Fudge Custard Pie Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- Toasted sliced almonds
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and extract just until combined. Stir into dry ingredients until blended. Carefully pour into pastry shell.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Garnish with whipped cream and almonds. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 293 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.