Rich chocolate and a hint of almond team up in this creamy pie from field editor Marie Hattrup, Sparks, Nevada
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- Toasted sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and extract just until combined. Stir into dry ingredients until blended. Carefully pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Garnish with whipped cream and almonds. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Almond-Fudge Custard Pie in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Almond-Fudge Custard Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review