- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- Toasted sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and extract just until combined. Stir into dry ingredients until blended. Carefully pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Garnish with whipped cream and almonds. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Almond-Fudge Custard Pie
Sort By :
Do you bake the crust before the custard is poured in ? The recipe calls for the crust (baked)?
A chocolate lovers dream pie......so rich and loaded with flavor. I added about a 1/2 cup of slivered almonds to the custard.
This baked up just fine for me and tasted wonderful. Made as recipe was written . Will make over and over. Thanks
what would make this pie not bake in the oven?