Almond Fudge Cakes Recipe
I teach in a school with 3-4 teachers per grade. I bake this cake in small springform pans so that each group can grab a cake before school and divide it among themselves later. Sometimes I slice the cakes into 3 or 4 slices and fill one layer with strawberry preserves or cherry pie filling.—Carleen Johns, Brownwood, Missouri
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 5 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, sour cream, water, butter and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Spoon 1/2 cupfuls into 10 greased 4-in. fluted tube pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until creamy. Fold in whipped cream and almond extract; set aside.
- 4. For glaze, in a large saucepan, combine the confectioners' sugar, chocolate chips, butter and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in cream and vanilla.
- 5. Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place each bottom layer on a serving plate; top with a 3 tablespoons filling. Replace tops. Spoon glaze over cakes and sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cake equals 870 calories, 53 g fat (28 g saturated fat), 178 mg cholesterol, 603 mg sodium, 89 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Almond Fudge Cakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC