Almond Fudge Cake Recipe
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 12 fresh raspberries
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, milk, water, applesauce and extract until well blended. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into egg white mixture until blended (batter will be thin).
- 2. Pour into a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with chips. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Cool completely.
- 4. For sauce, puree the raspberries in a blender; strain to remove seeds. Stir in sugar and lemon juice. Spoon sauce onto dessert plates; top with cake wedges. Garnish each with 1 tablespoon whipped topping and a raspberry. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 241 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.