- 1-1/2 pounds nectarines or peaches, cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds red plums, cubed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- Dash salt
- ALMOND TOPPING:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons almond paste
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine nectarines and plums. Drizzle with lemon juice; toss to coat. Combine the sugar, tapioca and salt; sprinkle over fruit and toss to coat evenly. Let stand for 15 minutes. Spoon into 10 greased 6-oz. custard cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter and almond paste until crumbly. Combine egg and extract; stir into crumb mixture just until blended. Sprinkle over fruit. Top with almonds.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool for 15-20 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Almond Fruit Crisp in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p31
Reviews for Almond Fruit Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review