Almond Fruit Crisp Recipe
Sliced almonds give extra crunch to these yummy individual crisps made with plums and nectarines or peaches. We love desserts, but this one has to be our very favorite. I usually serve it with ice cream. —Elizabeth Sicard, Summerfield, Florida
- 1-1/2 pounds nectarines or peaches, cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds red plums, cubed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- Dash salt
- ALMOND TOPPING:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons almond paste
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine nectarines and plums. Drizzle with lemon juice; toss to coat. Combine the sugar, tapioca and salt; sprinkle over fruit and toss to coat evenly. Let stand for 15 minutes. Spoon into 10 greased 6-oz. custard cups.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter and almond paste until crumbly. Combine egg and extract; stir into crumb mixture just until blended. Sprinkle over fruit. Top with almonds.
- 3. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool for 15-20 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 328 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Almond Fruit Crisp
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC