Almond French Toast Hearts Recipe
I like to surprise my family at breakfast by having heart-shaped French toast on the table. Confectioners' sugar, strawberries and almond butter tastefully top off each bite. —Donna Cline, Pensacola, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:3 servings
- 6 slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Sliced fresh strawberries
- 1. Cut out bread slices with a 3-3/4-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter; discard trimmings.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs, milk and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Dip bread on both sides in egg mixture. In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Cook bread hearts for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 3. For almond butter, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and remaining butter and extract; mix well. Sprinkle French toast with additional confectioners' sugar. Serve with almond butter and strawberries. Yield: 3 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC