I like to surprise my family at breakfast by having heart-shaped French toast on the table. Confectioners' sugar, strawberries and almond butter tastefully top off each bite. —Donna Cline, Pensacola, Florida
- 6 slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Sliced fresh strawberries
- Cut out bread slices with a 3-3/4-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter; discard trimmings.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs, milk and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Dip bread on both sides in egg mixture. In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Cook bread hearts for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- For almond butter, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and remaining butter and extract; mix well. Sprinkle French toast with additional confectioners' sugar. Serve with almond butter and strawberries. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Almond French Toast Hearts in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p192
Reviews for Almond French Toast Hearts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review