- 6 slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Sliced fresh strawberries
- Cut out bread slices with a 3-3/4-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter; discard trimmings.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs, milk and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Dip bread on both sides in egg mixture. In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Cook bread hearts for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- For almond butter, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and remaining butter and extract; mix well. Sprinkle French toast with additional confectioners' sugar. Serve with almond butter and strawberries. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Almond French Toast Hearts
Sort By :
"The almond butter was a great addition to the french toast. I added a few toasted slivered almonds to the top for an extra crunch!"
"I made these for Valentine's Day lunch & took them in to my husband at work, everyone else was jealous! He can't have almonds, so I just used regular milk, but the heart shape idea was great! I made all the extra crusts & pieces into bread crumbs for use in later recipes."
"Its really amazing, very very tasty!"
"This recipe is so tasty and so easy! We make this recipe often, and served Almond French Toast (without cutting it into heart shapes) for a big Easter brunch. It was a hit! Everyone asked for the recipe."