Almond-Filled Butterhorns Recipe
I add potato flakes to make my butterhorns moist and tender. The rolls complement any meal wonderfully with just the right sweetness to make them a coffee hour favorite. Remember to hide a few for yourself!
- 3-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/8 teaspoons salt
- 7 to 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12-1/2 ounces) almond cake and pastry filling
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in milk. Add the eggs, potato flakes, butter, sugar, salt and 4 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into thirds. Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle; spread each with filling. Cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- Roll up wedges from the wide end and place point side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form a crescent. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Almond-Filled Butterhorns in Country Woman August/September 2007, p27
Reviews for Almond-Filled Butterhorns(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2012
This was excellent! All my friends asked for the recipe; they though it tasted like it came from a bakery. I only used six cups of flour and I used two cans of the filling.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >