- 6 eggs, separated
- 2-1/2 cups blanched almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1/4 cup cold brewed espresso
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso granules
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Confectioners' sugar, chocolate curls and coffee beans, optional
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine almonds and 2 tablespoons sugar; cover and process until ground. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the chocolate, espresso, cocoa, orange juice, espresso granules, vanilla and reserved almond mixture.
- Beat reserved egg whites on high until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into the batter.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 42-48 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool completely. Garnish with confectioners' sugar, chocolate curls and coffee beans if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Almond Espresso Chocolate Cake
Sort By :
"I love chocolate, coffee, and nuts.yes I would make it again, and invite a good friend over to share it, with me."
"Gluten free or not! This was delicious. Will definitely make again and again."
"what a treat for my gluten free friend! This was so delicious, it's going in my favorites!"