Almond Espresso Bars Recipe
If you like coffee, you'll love these mocha morsels dressed up with toasted almonds. Save a few bars for afternoon snacktime or even breakfast, too. —Taire Van Scoy, Brunswick, Maryland
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup brewed espresso
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped slivered almonds, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and espresso until blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chopped almonds.
- 2. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water and extract until smooth; spread over warm bars. Sprinkle with slivered almonds. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 bar equals 68 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Almond Espresso Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC