Almond Eggnog Pound Cake
For the Christmas rush, this easy-to-make pound cake is a must. It makes a great hostess gift. Joylyn Trickel
12-14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Grease a 10-in. fluted tube pan with 2 tablespoons butter. Press
- almonds onto the bottom and sides of pan; set aside.
- Melt remaining butter. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, eggnog,
- eggs, rum extract, nutmeg and melted butter on low speed for 30
- seconds or just until moistened. Beat on medium for 2 minutes or
- until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 273 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.