Almond Eggnog Pound Cake Recipe
For the Christmas rush, this easy-to-make pound cake is a must. It makes a great hostess gift. —Joylyn Trickel
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:12-14 servings
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Grease a 10-in. fluted tube pan with 2 tablespoons butter. Press almonds onto the bottom and sides of pan; set aside.
- 2. Melt remaining butter. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, eggnog, eggs, rum extract, nutmeg and melted butter on low speed for 30 seconds or just until moistened. Beat on medium for 2 minutes or until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 273 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC