- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Grease a 10-in. fluted tube pan with 2 tablespoons butter. Press almonds onto the bottom and sides of pan; set aside.
- Melt remaining butter. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, eggnog, eggs, rum extract, nutmeg and melted butter on low speed for 30 seconds or just until moistened. Beat on medium for 2 minutes or until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Almond Eggnog Pound Cake
Sort By :
"Just made this, and it looks and smells so good! I can't wait to make it again!"
"I used chopped walnuts instead of almonds and poured a rum glaze oure the warm cake it was very good"
"have made it every year for the past 3 years. A great gift item. I just put it on a piece of cardboard covered with foil. Travels great... people ask for it every year"
"Delicious cake! Very easy to make, baked up lighter and fluffier than I expected. Everyone loves it, including my 2-year-old. I followed the recipe exactly, with regular eggnog and butter and whole eggs. I plan to bake this from now on for our New Year's Eve celebrations, since I don't like drinking eggnog."
"I would like to find a pound cake, that is true. All the butter, cream, sour cream and all."