Almond-Edged Butter Cookies Recipe
I know you will love these cookieseveryone does! The light crunchy buttery flavor melts in your mouth.Diane Nelson, Apple Valley, California
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups plus 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted and chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/3 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks, cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into four 1-1/2-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a shallow bowl, combine almonds and remaining sugar. In a small bowl, lightly beat egg whites. Unwrap dough; brush with egg whites. Roll in almond mixture, pressing firmly into dough. Cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 7-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 7-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Almond-Edged Butter Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p69
Reviews for Almond-Edged Butter Cookies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Cookies >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >