My family - all of whom are self-proclaimed chocoholics - can't get enough of these rich cookies. My sister-in-law shared the recipe and believes their success lies in beating the butter and sugar very well.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in almonds.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Originally published as Almond Drops in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p34
Reviews for Almond Drops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2009
"This is a great recipe - I have made it often this summer."