Almond Deviled Eggs
Meet the Cook: This recipe's one I've used many times for potlucks, during the holidays and several times a month when entertaining. The reactions have ranged from "These eggs slide down gently" from one young man to just "Scrumptious!"
Though this dish is good on its own, you might also want to consider adding it to a salad plate or serving it with soup and sandwich for lunch.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped roasted almonds
- 12 whole roasted almonds
- Fresh parsley
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites aside. In
- a small bowl, mash yolks, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic salt and
- chopped almonds.
- Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Garnish with whole almonds and
- parsley. Chill until ready to serve. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 270 calories, 25 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 219 mg cholesterol, 278 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.