- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/4 teaspoons almond extract
- Cubed brownies, cake, miniature waffles and/or cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in cream until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and extract. Keep warm. Serve with brownies, cake, waffles and/or cookies. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Almond Custard Fondue
Sort By :
"My absolute favorite fondue recipe. We use this every year for Valentines Day rather than fixing a big dessert. The kids really look forward to it!"
"Had our first ever fondue night and this was our dessert. It was outstanding. Paired especially well with brownies, shortbread, pound cake, bing cherries and pineapple."
"This is really good and a nice change from the standard chocolate fondue. I made it for Valentines day and served it with marshmallows, graham crackers, sponge cake, brownie bites, bananas and strawberries. Bananas and brownie bites were my favorite dippers. I also think it would be an excellent cake filling once it has cooled in the fridge. Yum!"