- 3-1/3 cups butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 6 egg yolks, beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a double boiler, combine 3 cups milk and sugar; add egg yolks. Cook and stir over medium heat for 10 minutes or until mixture coats the back of a metal spoon and a thermometer reads 160°.
- In a saucepan, combine gelatin and remaining milk; let stand for 1 minute. heat on low until gelatin is dissolved. Stir into custard. Chill until partially set.
- Stir in the extracts. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into a shallow serving dish. Refrigerate until set, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Almond Custard
Sort By :
"Why give it a 1 star for a misprint? The directions say milk...so obviously it is a minor misprint. Did you try it? By giving it a 1 star (which I find rude) the overall rating is lowered and now many people might not even bother trying it. The recipe should be rated on it's merits not because you failed to read the directions in order to clarify the typo. I haven't tried it yet, but absolutely will make it prior to rating."
"Is there a misprint in this recipe. 3 1/3 cups of butter, should it be milk instead ?"
"The ingredients say butter, but the directions say milk (both should say milk). Regardless, it is very good!"