Almond Curry Spread Recipe
Curry and chutney combine nicely in this out-of-the-ordinary spread. "For dippers, use thick apple slices, carrot sticks, crackers, cocktail bread or a combination of these," suggests Barbara Beard of Lexington, Kentucky.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:8-10 servings
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 jar (9 ounces) chutney
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Assorted fruit, vegetables or crackers
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add onions, red pepper, curry powder, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and nutmeg; mix well. Spread onto a platter. Top with chutney; sprinkle with almonds. Serve with fruit, vegetables or crackers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 158 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC