- Vegetable oil spray
- 6 ounces slivered California almonds (1-1/4 cups chopped)
- 2 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2-pounds boneless pork loin
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a roasting pan with foil and place a meat rack on the foil. Spray with vegetable oil spray. Coarsely grind almonds in a food processor. Mix almonds, garlic and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl. Set aside.
- Whip egg whites to form soft peaks. Remove visible fat from the pork. Roll the pork in the egg whites and then in the almond mixture. Roll once more in the egg whites and in the almond mixture again. Place pork on the rack and press any remaining almonds onto the pork.
- Roast 1 hour, or until a meat thermometer reads 160°F. Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Mix the salsa ingredients together. Taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper if needed. Serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings (2 cups salsa).
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Almond-Crusted Pork Loin
Sort By :
This was a different way for me to prepare pork, but when all is said and done, it was just average. To me, it seemed like the pork and salsa didn't really go together; they were each okay on their own, but nothing special together. I will probably not make this again.
All the almonds on bottom were soggy. Was not worth the time and effort to make it again.
Turned out very well. It's a beautiful presentation. I also added 1/2 inch cooked carrot slices all around it for color. Take the time to trim the fat. It was delicious!
Lots of work, but is a nice change to regular pork roast.
This was ok, but there was nothing particularly great about it. I don't regret making it but probably won't again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >