This elegant version of French toast is ideal for special occasions. It seems so simple, but the sliced almonds and dusting of powdered sugar make such a difference.—Judith Austic, Kirksville, Missouri
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Confectioners' sugar and maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Dip each slice of bread into egg mixture; place on waxed paper. Press almonds onto tops of bread slices.
- Cook on a greased hot griddle for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve with syrup. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Almond-Crusted French Toast in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p160
Reviews for Almond-Crusted French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review