Almond Crunch Toffee
This recipe has been my claim to fame since I was 14 years old. One bite and you won't be able to stop eating it!
33 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 ounces dark chocolate candy bars, chopped
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chocolate-covered coffee beans, halved
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1-1/2
- teaspoons butter; set aside. In a heavy 3-qt. saucepan, melt
- remaining butter. Stir in the sugar, water and salt. Cook over
- medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 240° (soft-ball
- stage), stirring occasionally.
- Stir in almonds. Cook until candy thermometer reads 300°
- (hard-crack stage), stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat;
- stir in baking soda until light and foamy. Pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate; let stand for 5 minutes. Carefully spread
- chocolate; sprinkle with pecans and peanuts. Cool on a wire rack for
- 30 minutes.