- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 ounces dark chocolate candy bars, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chocolate-covered coffee beans, halved
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a heavy 3-qt. saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in the sugar, water and salt. Cook over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 240° (soft-ball stage), stirring occasionally.
- Stir in almonds. Cook until candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage), stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in baking soda until light and foamy. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with chocolate; let stand for 5 minutes. Carefully spread chocolate; sprinkle with pecans and peanuts. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with coffee beans; press down lightly. Chill for 1 hour or until chocolate is firm.
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate, stir until smooth. Drizzle over candy. Chill 30 minutes longer or until firm.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan; discard foil. Break candy into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Reviews for Almond Crunch Toffee(1)
Sort By :
My girlfriend gave this to me for Christmas and it's delicious! It was not too sweet or rich but just right. It's like a really good potato chip - you can't have just one. I'll be making some for myself later on and would definitely give it as a gift! Thanks!!