Almond Croissants Recipe
These tender croissants are a little lighter than others I've tried. A close friend of mine serves these every Christmas and Easter.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup almond paste
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- EGG WASH:
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Add milk and egg yolks to yeast mixture; mix well. Stir into crumb mixture; mix well. Do not knead. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Punch dough down. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each piece into a 12-in. circle; cut each circle into eight wedges. In a small bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth. Spread filling over wedges; roll up from wide end. Place with point side down 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Curve ends to form a crescent shape. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour (dough will not double).
- 3. Beat egg white and water; brush over croissants. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 16 rolls.
1 each: 296 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Almond Croissants
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC