Almond Crescents Recipe
- 1/2 cup warm whole milk (70° to 80°)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups plus 2 tablespoons bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half; roll each portion into a 12-in. circle. Combine the butter and almond extract; brush over the dough. Cut each circle into 12 wedges; sprinkle with almonds. Roll up each wedge from the wide end.
- 3. Grease baking sheets and sprinkle with cornmeal. Place the rolls pointed side down 2 in. apart on prepared pans. Curve the ends to form crescents. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 50 minutes.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat egg and water; brush over dough. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 118 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Almond Crescents
"This recipe sounds good - I think I'll try it tomorrow - might try the filling in some crescent rolls I have on hand - if I like that - I'll make the full recipe."
"I made the filling and used refrigerated crescent rolls - easy and delicious.Cindy Adams"