Almond Crescent Cookies Recipe
To me, it isn't Christmas until my kitchen is filled with these almond cookies baking by the dozens. My husband, children and grandchildren all heartily agree!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely ground almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. In a small bowl, combine the flour, almonds and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Divide dough into fourths. Roll out each portion into a long rope, about 1/4 in. diameter. Cut into 2-in. lengths. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets; form each into a crescent.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes. In a shallow bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and cinnamon; roll warm cookies in sugar mixture. Place on wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 10 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 55 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Almond Crescent Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC